Friday, June 9, 2017

Mermaid Glade

Happy Friday! I had some fun this week in between a hectic and fairly dramatic week dealing with getting more work, tax problems, and family issues to paint one of my MerMay sketches, Mermaid Glade, for colour_collective. The color was iris blue. I'm enjoying expanding my abilities to paint backgrounds and settings as well as dramatic light and balancing textures and all that good stuff. I think I just might have pulled this one off.

If there's enough interest, I'll create a poster and other goodies in my Zazzle and RedBubble stores with this art. What do you think?
Traci Van Wagoner illustration
© 2017 Traci Van Wagoner, Mermaid Glade

2 comments:

  1. This is dreamily luscious. I sense both tension at the waterfall drop and calmness at the mermaids contented posture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mirka. Your comments are very helpful and appreciated.

      Delete