Saturday, December 2, 2017

Balloon Lift Off 9: Balloon Parade

The red balloons have got caught up in some kind of parade!

I had fun over the Thanksgiving holiday last weekend to paint this scene, inspired, of course, by the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I didn't go out into the massive crowds to see the parade myself, instead I joined the parade with the five red balloons, the girl and her dog. It was a beautiful crisp day in New York, and I'm pleased with how I captured that fall feeling.

Balloon Lift Off 9: Balloon Parade by Traci Van Wagoner
©2017 Traci Van Wagoner, Balloon Parade


Can you name the big balloon on the left?


Stay tuned for more adventures. You can now bring the adventure home with a print, poster, book bag and more from my Redbubble store, and you'd be helping out an artist. Please feel free to leave a suggestion of where you'd like to see the balloons go.

As a bonus this lovely weekend, here's another painting I did the day after Thanksgiving while sitting on my roof deck in the now empty roof garden enjoying the slanting fall sun. Have a wonderful weekend!

Roof Garden at 299 NYC by Traci Van Wagoner
©2017 Traci Van Wagoner, Roof Garden at 299 NYC by Traci Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment