Thursday, March 8, 2018

Piano Recital Then and Now

When I saw the prompt for Illustration Friday this week of piano, I had to have a go at this painting again, Piano Recital. The girl is all grown up now with a bigger audience and perhaps more refined color and a not so heavy handed feel overall. I've always loved this painting, and over the last year I've been playing with loosening up my paint style and have explored with a ton of new tools, so I thought it would be fun to recreate this.

Improvement in style or not?

New - painted in Procreate with iPadPro


Piano Concert Now by Traci Van Wagoner
©2018 Traci Van Wagoner

 Old - painted many many years ago using Corel Painter (probably version 1 or close to it) and a Wacom tablet on a Mac.


Piano Concert Then by Traci Van Wagoner
©2012 Traci Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment